The Thrive Approach
The Henry Box School has embraced the Thrive Approach, which utilises adolescence to support the development of emotional resilience and promotes engagement in learning.
Thrive is a dynamic approach underpinned by neuroscience, attachment theory and child development to ensure the students social and emotional needs are met.
Adolescence is a time of self-exploration, creative expression, and transformation. Young people experience a burst in brain development, a changing body and challenging transitions as they progress on their journey to adulthood.
Through building positive relationships with students, staff use various activities to support students with the development of a healthy stress regulation system and strengthen their emotional resilience. The programme is based around an online assessment tool, personalised action plans are created to meet the student’s individual needs.
- Attendance and Absence
- Adverse Weather Closure
- Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG)
- Exam Information
- Free School Meals
- Higher Prior Attaining Students
- House System
- Medical and School Health Nurse
- Mobile Phones
- Online Safety
- Parents' Evenings and Tutor Meetings
- Student Mental Health and Wellbeing Framework
- The Learner Engagement Team
- Year 11 Yearbook/Hoodies 2022
- Vertical Tutoring