Most students, for most of their schooling, access the mainstream curriculum. On occasion, a more personalised curriculum or intensive support is required. Faculties and pastoral teams are primarily responsible for meeting these needs.
For particular aspects of their education a proportion of students need access to specialist intervention and support services. This may take the form of literacy support, counselling or services relating to specific learning difficulties. Sometimes students access a discrete number of services for specific purposes. However, some students with complex needs may access a range of services and there is therefore a need for co-ordinating intervention for that individual.
The specialist intervention services available at the Henry Box School include:
- Academic Tutoring
- Autism Support
- Social, emotional and mental health needs support
- Careers Advice
- English as an additional Language teaching
- Literacy and numeracy support
- Physical Disability Services
- Support for Specific Learning Difficulties
Where students have high level and complex needs, House Leaders work with the School Leader - Inclusion to assess the level of need and to implement the relevant intervention, including the engagement of external agencies where appropriate. Staff will regularly monitor and review the impact of the service (i.e. progress of students and quality of provision).
The current SEND information Report can be found under the Information Section on the website.
A summary of the support and intervention offered can be seen below.
- Attendance and Absence
- Adverse Weather Closure
- Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG)
- COVID-19 National Testing Programme
- Exam Information
- Free School Meals
- Higher Prior Attaining Students
- House System
- Mobile Phones
- Online Safety
- Parents' Evenings and Tutor Meetings
- Student Mental Health and Wellbeing Framework
- The Learner Engagement Team
- Transition from Year 6 to Year 7 2021-22
- Year 11 Yearbook/Hoodies
- Vertical Tutoring