Adverse Weather Closure
The decision to shut the school is a serious one and the need is usually related to poor weather conditions. In such a situation the decision is based upon answers to the following questions:
- Is the school site safe for:
- Motor vehicles
- Will the buses be able to run through the villages?
- Can sufficient staff safely get to school for the school to be able to open?
- What advice have we been given by:
- National weather organisations
As soon as the Headteacher makes the decision to close the school the information is placed on the homepage of the school website. It is also:
- posted on the school’s social media sites – Facebook and Twitter
- sent to OCC – who will put the information on their website
- sent to Jack FM, Heart FM, Radio Oxford – who will broadcast the closure at regular intervals.
- sent to the Oxford Mail who will list it on the online version of the paper.
The school reception may not be staffed under these circumstances.
Please ensure your child regularly checks SMHW, as teachers will upload work for students to complete during snow days.
- Attendance and Absence
- Adverse Weather Closure
- Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG)
- COVID-19 National Testing Programme
- Exam Information
- Free School Meals
- Higher Prior Attaining Students
- House System
- Mobile Phones
- Online Safety
- Parents' Evenings and Tutor Meetings
- Student Mental Health and Wellbeing Framework
- The Learner Engagement Team
- Transition from Year 6 to Year 7 2021-22
- Year 11 Yearbook/Hoodies
- Vertical Tutoring