Sociology students hear Anaita Anand talk about her latest bookPosted on: 04/03/2019
Last Thursday a group of Sociology students went to The North Wall in Oxford to hear Anaita Anand talk about her latest book: 'Sophia: Suffragette Princess'
Anita Anand told us us the true and astonishing story about Sophia Duleep Singh who played an important role in getting the vote in the UK.
I was extremely inspired by the story of Sophia and it helped to open my eyes to a new part of history I didn't know much about. Anita was compelling and very engaging throughout the whole talk and very clearly was passionate about what she had been studying. Not only did Anita go into great detail about Sophia but she also answered the concluding questions with honesty and depth. Very glad to have listened to such and interesting and accomplished woman.
- All Authors
- Alex Wells, Sophie Crichton and Immy Holt (1)
- Art department (1)
- Dr Roman Zozaya (1)
- HBSA (1)
- History Faculties (1)
- Isaac Sandhu, Year 8 (1)
- Library (7)
- MFL Department (1)
- Miss C Clarke and the Oxfam Group (1)
- Mr C Tysom School Leader - Post 16 (1)
- Mr Gilkes, Teacher of PE (3)
- Mr S Davis - Head of Science (1)
- Mr Tysom (2)
- Mrs Wells (6)
- Ms W J Hemmingsley Headteacher (1)
- PE Department (7)
- Performance and Creativity Faculty (1)
- Social Science Faculty (1)
- All Years