- News & Dates
- Year 9 MFL trip to Queen’s College...
- facebook Share this page on Facebook
- twitter Tweet this page
- pinterest Pin this page
Year 9 MFL trip to Queen’s College, OxfordPosted on: 05/02/2019
Year 9 MFL trip to Queen’s College, Oxford
A group of Year 9 students visited Queen’s College for an afternoon of university style lectures and seminars in Modern Languages. Sessions included an introduction to linguistics and learning a new language in half an hour. We learned the Hebrew alphabet, how to write from right to left and how there is even a different alphabet for the printed form of the language. The Portuguese lesson focused on pronunciation and translating the lyrics of the song Águas de Março – some students even sang along.
Students then worked in groups subtitling a film in either French or German before presenting their work as an audio commentary. The day finished with a very informative talk on “Why study Modern Languages” and a question and answer session with undergraduate students who were able to share their experiences of language learning and living abroad.
Our students were fantastic - participating enthusiastically in all activities and being ready to talk in foreign languages, even in front of native speakers. We were very proud of The Henry Box students.
- All Authors
- Alex Wells, Sophie Crichton and Immy Holt (1)
- Art department (1)
- Dr Roman Zozaya (1)
- HBSA (1)
- History Faculties (1)
- Isaac Sandhu, Year 8 (1)
- Library (7)
- MFL Department (1)
- Miss C Clarke and the Oxfam Group (1)
- Mr C Tysom School Leader - Post 16 (2)
- Mr Gilkes, Teacher of PE (3)
- Mr S Davis - Head of Science (1)
- Mr Tysom (2)
- Mrs Wells (6)
- Ms W J Hemmingsley Headteacher (2)
- PE Department (7)
- Performance and Creativity Faculty (2)
- Social Science Faculty (1)
- All Years