Commemorative mosaicPosted on: 23/07/2018
Witney Schools partnership have commissioned local mosaic artist, Becky Paton to create a commemorative mosaic for the Witney town council to celebrate 100 years since the end of WW1. Part of her brief was to work with local community schools making their own mosaic to celebrate this special year.
The mosaic is 70cm in diameter and a small group of our Year 7 students collaborated with Becky Paton to create the mosaic during an Enrichment Day. Witney town council are exhibiting the schools’ designs around and during the 11th of November in the Witney Corn exchange, after this the mosaic would be ours to exhibit in school.
All students involved felt privileged to be part of this fantastic collaboration and fascinating technique. The exhibition will have huge impact within Witney and will create a lasting and significant artefact for our school community.
- All Authors
- Alex Wells, Sophie Crichton and Immy Holt (1)
- Art department (1)
- Dr Roman Zozaya (1)
- HBSA (1)
- History Faculties (1)
- Isaac Sandhu, Year 8 (1)
- Library (7)
- MFL Department (1)
- Miss C Clarke and the Oxfam Group (1)
- Mr C Tysom School Leader - Post 16 (1)
- Mr Gilkes, Teacher of PE (3)
- Mr S Davis - Head of Science (1)
- Mr Tysom (2)
- Mrs Wells (6)
- Ms W J Hemmingsley Headteacher (1)
- PE Department (7)
- Performance and Creativity Faculty (1)
- Social Science Faculty (1)
- All Years