Jackie Vaux is our school counsellor and is in school to support students with any mental health issues. The counsellor provide a safe space for any young person to talk about any issues they may have.
WHAT IS COUNSELLING?
Counselling offers a safe and confidential space for you to talk through any issues you may have and helps you explore your way through sometimes difficult experiences and feelings. For example you may be having difficulty with IDENTITY, FAMILY, FRIENDS, LOSS.
You may be feeling
DEPRESSED, ANGRY, ANXIOUS, HURT.
Through exploring these feeling and issues together, we aim to help you grow your self-worth and build upon your resilience.
WHERE IS cOUNSELLING LOCATED?
Jackie is based upstairs in Business Studies with her name on her door (Ms J Vaux).
An agreement will be made in the first session on confidentiality, in which the counsellor will explain to you that everything you say is confidential unless we feel you are at risk of harming yourself, being harmed or harming another person.
HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
- You can self-refer by posting a self-referral slip into the post box which is always kept locked.
- You may be referred by your House Leader.
- Attendance and Absence
- Adverse Weather Closure
- Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG)
- COVID-19 National Testing Programme
- Exam Information
- Free School Meals
- Higher Prior Attaining Students
- House System
- Medical and School Health Nurse
- Mobile Phones
- Online Safety
- Parents' Evenings and Tutor Meetings
- Student Mental Health and Wellbeing Framework
- The Learner Engagement Team
- Year 11 Yearbook/Hoodies 2021
- Vertical Tutoring