Rebecca West and Jackie Vaux are the new school counsellors and are in school to support students with any mental health issues. The counsellors provide a safe space for any young person to talk about any issues they may have.
WHAT IS COUNSELLING?
Counselling offers a safe and confidential space for you to talk through any issues you may have and helps you explore your way through sometimes difficult experiences and feelings. For example you may be having difficulty with IDENTITY, FAMILY, FRIENDS, LOSS.
You may be feeling
DEPRESSED, ANGRY, ANXIOUS, HURT.
Through exploring these feeling and issues together, we aim to help you grow your self-worth and build upon your resilience.
WHERE WE ARE...
You will be assigned to either Becky or Jackie and we are based upstairs in Business Studies with our names on the door (Ms R West and Ms J Vaux).
An agreement will be made in the first session on confidentiality, in which the counsellor will explain to you that everything you say is confidential unless we feel you are at risk of harming yourself, being harmed or harming another person.
HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
- You can self-refer by posting a self-referral slip into the post box which is always kept locked.
- You may be referred by one of the following people from school who should always ask for your permission first. This can come from your parent/carer, tutor, house leader, school leader, student/family support team member or the school health nurse.
Learning & Teaching
- Behaviour - Ready Respectful Safe
- Curriculum Overview
- Effective Learning
- Faculty and Subject Information
- Higher Prior Attaining Students
- Inclusion Services
- Knowledge Organisers
- Student Mental Health and Wellbeing Framework