SS - Child Development and Care
CACHE Level 2
Award in Child Development and Care
What is CACHE Level 2 Award in Child Development and Care?
This is a vocational qualification aimed at students who wish to be introduced to childcare and development for children aged 0-5 years.
What will students learn?
- An introduction to working with children in a variety of settings (e.g. nursery, reception class, playgroup)
- An understanding of roles and responsibilities when working in a setting
- An understanding of the stages and sequences of child development
- An introduction to observing children and how it affects development
- An introduction to everyday care routines and the types of activities that can support independence
- An introduction to supporting children through transition (e.g. starting school)
What will lessons be like?
Every lesson will start with a song and a story because books and music are a vital part of life in nurseries and in the development of young children. Over the two years students will build up a song book and a list of great picture books that they can use in childcare settings.
After our song and story lessons will be varied and as practical as possible. Lessons may include; independent research, role play, writing reports, making posters, giving presentations, playing with teddies, developing play materials, visits to local childcare settings, and visits from parents and their children.
Is there a CACHE website?
Yes – Click here.
How will I be assessed?
|1||An introduction to working with children aged 0-5||12 weeks||Assessment task|
|2||Development and well-being 0-5 years||36 weeks||Assessment task|
|3||Child care and development 0-5 years||6 weeks||Multiple choice question paper|
CACHE Level 2 Award in Child Development and Care will be awarded at grades A*-D.
What are assessment tasks?
The two assessment tasks are like coursework. Each assessment will require a substantial amount of research and work. The tasks are split up into sections to make it easier for students to complete them.
All the work we do in class contributes to the assessment tasks.
- Behaviour and Attitudes Ready Respectful Safe
- Curriculum Overview
- Effective Learning
- Faculty and Subject Information
- E - English
- I&I - Business Studies & Economics
- I&I - ICT & Computing
- I&I - Modern Foreign Languages
- P&C - Art & Design
- M - Mathematics
- P&C - Design & Technology
- P&C - Drama
- P&C - Music
- P&C - Physical Education
- S - Science
- SS - Child Development and Care
- SS - Geography
- SS - Health and Social Care
- SS - History
- SS - Psychology
- SS - Sociology
- SS - RS - RPE
- Higher Prior Attaining Students
- Inclusion Services
- Knowledge Organisers
- Student Mental Health and Wellbeing Framework