The MILL Academy
The Henry Box School became an academy on 1st June 2012, this involved setting up a charitable company registered under company number 8060721. This charitable company has members and directors which oversee the running of the school.
On 1st October 2015 The Henry Box School charitable company converted from a stand-alone academy trust into a multi-academy trust and as a result the charitable company changed its name to The Mill Academy but kept the same company registration number. This change allows the company to oversee the running of more than one academy school.
This company name change does not in any way affect the name or status of The Henry Box School itself.
Parents and suppliers will only see a change if they need to make a cheque payment to the school or raise an invoice to the school, as these are made in the company name and not the school name.
Two primary schools joined The Henry Box School in the multi-academy on 1stOctober. These are Queen Emma’s Primary School and Finstock Church of England Primary School.
The MILL Academy consists of three schools; The Henry Box School, Queen Emma’s Primary School and Finstock Church of England Primary School.
Our Educational Vision
We believe that every child has the right to go to a good school and that every child should have the opportunity to transform their life, whatever their starting point.
The MILL Academy Trust logo communicates the values of Motivate, Inspire, Learn, Lead. The graphic, in the shape of a mill, represents the starting point of this home grown trust, the town of Witney, Oxfordshire, famous for its mills.
In the Doomesday survey, Witney is recorded as having two mills, both for grinding corn, but by 1277 at least one cloth or fulling mill was established in the area. By the end of the Middle Ages Witney was a lively market town with a developing industry making blankets and gloves and by 1800 there were five working mills in and around Witney.
Academies, staff and children within the Trust benefit from a strong ethos of support and collaboration. We also challenge ourselves to be even better, every day. We are not content with always doing what we’ve always done. The new educational landscape requires new ways of thinking, leading and operating.
Five ‘big’ questions underpin the way we do things around here:
Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. George Bernard Shaw
Since October 2015, our approach has been to ensure sustainable school improvement. We have worked hard to achieve our successful improvements so far and our journey continues.
Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’ Martin Luther King
The benefits of being part of a multi-academy
The benefits to the students and staff of the schools in The Mill Academy are numerous but the key benefits are:
- Improved collaboration, coordination and understanding between the schools on a range of matters from curriculum and staffing to the sourcing of services, including improved and earlier support for the transition between primary and secondary school.
- Provide staff with wider development and training opportunities, and build upon the existing partnerships by enabling and encouraging greater mutual support and challenge between the schools; this ensures that our students receive quality teaching in our schools.
- Facilitate greater economies of scale for common activities, helping us to manage our resources better and gain better value for money in these times of austerity.
The contact details for The Mill Academy can be found on their website. The link can be found below.
- Attendance and Absence
- Adverse Weather Closure
- Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG)
- Exam Information
- Free School Meals
- Higher Prior Attaining Students
- House System
- Mobile Phones
- Parents' Evenings and Tutor Meetings
- Student Mental Health and Wellbeing Framework
- The Learner Engagement Team
- The MILL Academy
- Transition from Year 6 to Year 7
- Year 11 Yearbook/Hoodies
- COVID-19 Support